We are delighted to announce that the Commissariat à l’Energie Atomique et aux énergies alternatives (CEA, France) will organize the Joint International Conference on Supercomputing in Nuclear Applications + Monte Carlo, SNA + MC 2024, with the support of the French Nuclear Society (Sfen).
SNA + MC 2024 will take place at the Palais des Congrès in Paris from October 20 to 24, 2024.
In addition to promoting the advances in the traditional areas of interest for this conference, encompassing Monte Carlo simulation and high-performance computing (HPC) methods for nuclear applications, SNA + MC 2024 will also cover novel topics related to emerging scientific and technological challenges, in particular climate and environmental issues, and energy transition. SNA+MC 2024 will include plenary sessions, parallel technical sessions and poster sessions.
Andrea Zoia, Elie Saikali and Cheikh M. Diop
For the organizing committee
The conference topics include:
1. High Performance Computing for nuclear reactor physics+
2. High Performance Computing for Computational Fluid Dynamics, plasma physics & laser beams
3. High Performance Computing for nuclear data processing, visualization, and big data treatment
4. General Monte Carlo methods and algorithms+
5. Applications of Monte Carlo methods to radiation transport simulation+
6. Other applications of HPC & Monte Carlo methods+
7. Artificial intelligence and quantum computing for nuclear applications
8. Monte Carlo codes: current status and future trends
The French Nuclear Society is the French knowledge hub for nuclear energy. Created in 1973, the Sfen provides a space where all those who are interested in nuclear energy and its applications can obtain and exchange information.